A Patient Participation Group (PPG) is where a group of health professionals and patients can come together to address issues that effect health and health services in their local community.
Usually connected to a particular GP practice, patient forums provide a link between practice staff and their registered patients.
The agenda of any particular group will depend upon the local needs, interests and energies of the participants, but its key role is to:
- Enable patients to have a say on how the practice operates
- Provide feedback on new systems within the practice such as booking an appointment
- Act as a sounding board for ideas Support the practice to provide a high quality of care and service delivery.
We currently have 10 members on the group and are actively encouraging new members to join.
- Are you interested in finding out more about our Health Centres & NHS Services?
- As a patient would you like to influence the development of local health services?
We are keen for our patients to be actively involved in contributing constructive views and ideas to the future planning of healthcare provision in your area. You can send us your views, or ask any questions about the PPG, using the group's contact form, or complete a comments slip and post it in the comments box which is located in the main reception.
If you would like to join our Patient Participation Group:
Alternatively, contact our Practice Manager on 01543 504477.