We are working closely with a number of surgeries in the local area to provide the Covid-19 vaccination for our patients. This is a very busy time for us, please read this information before contacting the surgery.
You may have received a letter from NHS England inviting you to travel to one of the larger Vaccination Centres across the country. If you want to use this service and are able to travel safely, you can book using the details in the letter.
If you do not wish to travel to a Vaccination Centre, or have not received a letter, please wait to be contacted by the surgery.
Patients are being contacted in order of eligibility and vaccine availability. The current patients who are eiligible for the vaccine are:
- Care home residents and staff
- All those 80 years of age and over
- All those 75 years of age and over
If you are in one of those groups please wait to be contacted, do not contact the surgery.
The vaccinations will be taking place at The Roman Way Hotel, Watling Street, Cannock WS11 1SH. There will be staff there to direct you.
You will need to be able to get to this venue in order to have the vaccination. Please do not turn up there before an appointment has been made for you.
The vaccine requires 2 injections which will be up to 12 weeks apart. Once you have had your first dose, please wait to be contacted for your second appointment.
Future vaccinations will be offered in this order:
- All those 70 years of age and over, and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
- All those 65 years of age and over
- All individuals aged 16-64 years with specific underlying health conditions
- All those 60 years of age and over
- All those 55 years of age and over
- All those 50 years of age and over
For further information please read the guidance on the government website.